Institute of Simulation and Graphics
Please note that our building is located at the intersection of Walther-Rathenau-Str. and Gustav-Adolf-Str.
? +49 391 67-58772 or +49 391 67-58512
? +49 391 67-41164
The following sections shall guide you to the Chair of Visualization at the University of Magdeburg. You will receive detailed information for the arrival by car, train and plane. In addition, you may obtain more detailed maps.
Arrival by Car
- Coming from route A2 or A14, take the departure Magdeburg-Zentrum in direction to the city center.
- Follow the road until departure B1 Burg and leave in direction to B1 (Burg/Dessau).
- In direction B1 (Burg/Dessau) follow the signposting Universität through the traffic circle at the Universitätsplatz into Lüneburger Str. Turn right at the first intersection and follow the course of the road. At the next traffic circle, leave right.
- At the intersection turn left and drive to the inner courtyard on the left side of the building.
(If the inner courtyard is used to the full capacity, you may use the parking site across the intersection at your own expense (1.50€/day).
Arrival by Train
- Deutsche Bahn (ICE, IC, EC, IR, RB) until Magdeburg-Hauptbahnhof. From there, take the tram from the stop CITY CARRÉ/Hauptbahnhof. Leave the tram at station Ernst-Reuter-Allee and take line 1 (in direction to Lerchenwuhne), leave the tram at the stop Alter Markt, change for line 5 (Messegelände) or line 2 (Alte Neustadt). Get off at the stop Listemannstraße. (Schedule)
- The building of the Faculty is situated 100m away from the stop.
Arrival by Plane
- The next airports are Leipzig/Halle (approx. 130 km/1h:15min), Hannover (approx. 140 km/2h) or Berlin (approx. 150 km/2h:30min). From these airports you can reach Magdeburg by train (Deutsche Bahn).