Welcome to the Visualization Group at the University of Magdeburg
The group was established in March 2003 and is headed by Prof. Dr. Bernhard Preim.
The visualization group plays an active role in the bachelor and master programs of computational visualistics and regularly offers lectures on Visualization, Human-Computer Interaction, Medical Visualization and Computer-Supported Diagnosis and Treatment. Our research is focussed on visualization and interaction techniques for medical education, diagnosis and therapy planning.
- 1st Place for the Dirk Bartz Price for Visual Computing in Medicine
- Reichart Prize Award 2021
We are pleased to announce that our colleague Monique Meuschke has been awarded the Reichart Prize 2021.
The Reichart Prize is awarded annually to excellent young researchers with an indisciplinary focus.
This year, Monique Meuschke was able to prevail against 20 other applicants with her research focus on cerebral aneurysms.
- New member of the VIS groupWe are happy that Sarah Mittenentzwei joined our team. She will be primarily working with Monique Meuschke and advance our research in visual analytics applied to medical data and narrative visualization.
We are happy that three submissions of our group were accepted at EuroVis this year:
Gabriel Mistelbauer et al.: Implicit Modeling of Patient-Specific Aortic Dissections with Elliptic Fourier Descriptors
Benedikt Mayer et al.: VEHICLE: Validation and Exploration of the Hierarchical Integration of Conflict Event Data
- Vis @ Bio+Med+Vis Spring School
We contributed to the first Bio+Med+Vis Spring School:
“Visualization of Vascular Structures”
“A Critical Analysis of the Evaluation Practice in Medical Visualization”
- Price at the Dirk Bartz competition (Eurographics Medical Price)A team lead by Dr. Benjamin Behrendt will be awarded a price at the Dirk Bartz competition, which will be presented at this year’s EuroVis conference. Their contribution describes an explorative system for the visualization of intracranial blood flow and is a joint project between the University of Magdeburg and the Linköping University in Sweden.
- Heinz Maier-Leibnitz-Preis für Jun.-Prof. Kai LawonnOur former staff member Kai Lawonn was selected for the the prestigeous Heinz Maier-Leibnitz-Price from the German Research Council. Accross all scientific disciplines, only 10 scientist receive this award.
- IEEE VR Conference
We are happy that our first papers are accepted for the IEEE VR conference:
- PhD Thesis defended
Shiva Alemzadeh successfully defended her Phd thesis entitled „Visual Analytics of Epidemiological and Multi-Omics Data“. As a result of the current restrictions, the defense was held via video conference.
- Rudolf-Kruse-PriceLena Spitz was awarded with the Rudolf-Kruse-Price 2020. This award is given annually by the faculty to a student for the best student scholarly publication. Lena submitted her JCARS Paper: Combining Visual Analytics and Case-Based Reasoning for Rupture Risk Assessment of Intracranial Aneurysms, Lena Spitz, Uli Niemann, Oliver Beuing, Belal Neyazi, Erol Sandalcioglu, Bernhard Preim and Sylvia Saalfeld, International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 15(9), p. 1525-1535, 2020. which is based on her bachelor thesis that was supervised by Sylvia Saalfeld and Bernhard Preim. Congratulations!