Aim and content of the exercise is the repetition and consolidation of the lecture contents by theoretical and practical exercises as well as the acquisition of programming skills, among others with D3. Some of the concepts and algorithms presented in the lecture are accordingly implemented by means of example tasks.
The exercises enable each student to acquire the prerequisites for the exam. In the course of the semester, two homework sheets consisting of theoretical and practical tasks must be completed and submitted for review. The tasks are solved in groups of up to 3 students. For each exercise points are awarded, of which 2/3 of the total points of all homework must be achieved at the end. For students who need 6CP, there are additional tasks on each task sheet. To complete the course with 6CP, 2/3 of the total points must be obtained from these tasks.
- Two interesting articles about the commonly used, but often unsuitable “Rainbow Color Table” Link 1 Link 2
- The Volume Library: Freely available volume datasets
- Osirix Dicom-Datenbank: Various volume datasets in Dicom format
- Voreen: Free Volume Rendering Engine (including datasets)
- OVGU Lecture “Grundlagen der Computergraphik” (Jun.-Prof. Thorsten Grosch)